DOE’s Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) has launched its FY21 Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF) Solicitation. The amount of funding estimated to be available for FY 2021 is approximately $23.1 million to $28.5 million.
Berkeley Lab received more than $1 million in funding in FY20. Read this Q&A with recent Lab TCF awardees Mike Tucker and Ning Sun.
Review the OTT TCF Fiscal Year 2021 Solicitation document for details and submission requirements.
- A virtual webinar on the TCF awards process hosted by Berkeley Lab’s IPO and SPO staff was held on Thursday, September 17, from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm. The slide presentation can be found here. The video recording can be found here.
- OTT pre-recorded an informational webinar to provide an overview of the Solicitation. The webinar recording, slides, and other materials are here
- DOE facilities only
- Existing LBNL-developed intellectual property (IP), i.e., technology previously disclosed to the Intellectual Property Office. For new technologies, email email@example.com
- IP in a topic listed in the OTT TCF Fiscal Year 2021 Solicitation document
- 50% cost share (cash or in-kind) from non-Federal sources
- A Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) is required for all proposals within 6 months of receiving funds and prior to beginning work on projects which have external partners
Funding per Award
- Topic 1, Technology Maturation: $100,000-$250,000 per award
- Topic 2, Cooperative Development: $250,000-$1,500,000 per award
Important Deadlines and Submission Details
- Proposal Eligibility Declarations are due by October 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. (ET). Due to unforeseen circumstances, OTT will be accepting Proposal Eligibility Declarations (PEDs) by email this year. The FY 2021 Proposal Eligibility Declarations template can be downloaded here. Applicants must submit them by email to TCF@hq.doe.gov and TCFsubmissions@inl.gov OR or through OTT’s submission portal, Proposal and Review Operations Platforms (PROPs), which is administered by Idaho National Laboratory: https://proposalsott.inl.gov. OTT anticipates making eligibility notifications by November 3, 2020.
- Full Proposals are due by December 15, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. (ET). The Office of Technology Transitions anticipates that Full Proposals will continue to be submitted through the Proposal and Review Operations Platforms (PROPs), a portal at INL: https://proposalsott.inl.gov as they have in prior years. OTT anticipates making selection announcements in spring 2021.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that you have submitted an application.
Questions? Email TCF@hq.doe.gov or, internally, to email@example.com.