- Patent Attorney
- Computing Sciences, Energy Sciences, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Energy Technologies, Physical Sciences
Stephen works with Berkeley Lab’s Energy Sciences and Physical Sciences Directorates, which include the Materials Science, Accelerator Technology and Applied Physics, Physics, and Nuclear Science Divisions to prepare and prosecute U.S. and foreign patent applications. He also serves as patent counsel for the Computing Sciences Directorate, which includes the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC), and the Energy Technologies Directorate. Stephen handles additional intellectual property issues including copyright, trademark, licensing, potential infringement, and procurement matters.
Stephen’s prior legal experience includes working as an associate at a patent prosecution boutique firm in Oakland and serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable Claudia Wilken of the United States District Court of Northern California.
- B.S., Materials Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S. and Ph.D., Materials Science, California Institute of Technology
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office