Whether your goal is to launch a company, improve a product line, or maintain industry competitiveness, Berkeley Lab expertise, research and user facilities can be part of the solution.
Berkeley Lab’s Intellectual Property Office (IPO):
- curates portfolios of Lab intellectual property that can fill business needs or serve as the foundation for a startup
- executes exclusive and non-exclusive licenses and options for Lab-developed technologies
- maintains the Berkeley Lab Marketplace, which offers purchase or open-source access for Lab-developed software
- supports industry consortia that drive innovation
- nurtures Lab researchers spinning startups out of their work
- connects businesses with opportunities for technology maturation funding
IPO interacts closely with Berkeley Lab’s Strategic Partnerships Office, which develops collaborative research and user facility agreements connecting industry partners with the Lab’s experts and world-class research tools. For inquiries related to forming research partnerships between the Lab and external organizations, contact the Lab’s Strategic Partnerships Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.