DOE’s Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) has launched its FY19 Technology Commercialization Fund (TCF) Solicitation. Three Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory proposals were funded in FY18.
An estimated $26.1M to $28.3M is available for FY19. The solicitation is open only to DOE facilities. OTT pre-recorded an informational webinar to provide an overview of the solicitation. Review the FY19 solicitation document for details and submission requirements. Email questions to TCF@hq.doe.gov or, internally, to [email protected].
- Existing LBNL-developed intellectual property (IP), i.e., technology previously disclosed to the Intellectual Property Office. For new technologies, email [email protected].
- IP in a topic listed in Appendix A (page 23 – 39) of the FY19 solicitation document
- 50% cost share (cash or in-kind) from non-Federal sources
- Topic 1, Technology Maturation: $100,000-$150,000 per award
- Topic 2, Cooperative Development: $250,000-$750,000 per award
Please consider applying if planning for a CRADA to be executed in 12-18 months.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Proposal Eligibility Declarations are due by November 5, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. (ET). OTT anticipates making eligibility notifications on December 5, 2018.
- Full Proposals for funding are due by January 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (ET). Selection announcements are anticipated by Summer 2019.
- Applicants must register with and submit proposal materials through OTT’s Proposal and Review Operations Platforms (PROPs), administered by Idaho National Laboratory: https://proposalsott.inl.gov. OTT will not review or consider proposals submitted through any other means.
- Contact [email protected] to confirm that you have submitted an application.