- Patent Attorney
Robin prepares and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, nanotechnology, cleantech, and chemistry. Additionally, he prepares legal opinions and conducts intellectual property due diligence. He also serves as the Lead Patent Counsel for inventions arising out of the Joint BioEnergy Institute (JBEI).
Prior to joining the lab, Robin worked as an in-house Patent Counsel for a publicly held biotech company and as an associate in a prominent Washington D.C.-based intellectual property law firm.
- B.A., Microbiology & Immunology, University of California, Berkeley
- Ph.D., Microbiology & Molecular Genetics, University of California, Los Angeles
- J.D., University of Southern California Law School
- Member of the State Bar of California
- Registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office