The Innovation Portal, launched in 2015, enables Berkeley Lab researchers, division support staff and leaders to view the status of invention disclosures, intellectual property, and agreements handled by the Innovation and Partnerships Office (IPO). In 2016, the Innovation Portal was expanded to handle online NDA and MTA requests.
Starting January 30, 2017, all invention and software disclosures must be submitted online through the Innovation Portal. This final step marks the completion of IPO’s transition to a consistent, paperless, and transparent process for handling Berkeley Lab intellectual property and related agreements. If you were unable to attend training offered earlier this year, e-learning modules are available below.
To access the Innovation Portal.
Log in using your LDAP.
See training materials below to set up your personal Innovation Portal home page and get started.
The Innovation Portal is an internal resource for Berkeley Lab staff only. If you are seeking technologies available for license or collaborative research, go here.
Introduction to the Innovation Portal
- Portal Access
- eLearning: How to Use the Innovation Portal:
- How to Customize Your Innovation Portal Homepage (pdf)
- e-learning: How to Customize Your Innovation Portal Homepage:
- Innovation Portal FAQs
- Researcher’s Guide to Technology Transfer (2017 Revision)
- Contact email@example.com for general questions and assistance with the iportal. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding online invention and software disclosures.
Online ROI and Software Disclosure
Report of Invention (ROI)
- eLearning: How to submit an online Report of Invention (ROI):
- Online ROI Submission checklist (pdf)
- Contributors list (doc)
- Online ROI process flow chart (pdf)
- eLearning: How to submit an online Software Disclosures:
- Online Software Disclosure checklist (pdf)
- Developers to the Disclosure (doc)
- Third Party Software Worksheet (doc)
- Online Software Disclosure process flow chart (pdf)
Contact email@example.com for general questions and assistance with the iportal.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding online invention & software disclosures.
Online Requests for NDAs and MTAs
- MTA-Out Worksheet
- eLearning: How to Request NDAs and MTAs using the Innovation Portal
- NDA/MTA Webinar Slides
- NDA/MTA Online Submission FAQs (updated May 2016)
Access levels have been pre-set based on users’ roles. Following are Innovation Portal permission levels established by IPO:
- Inventors can see records of their own inventions, intellectual property, and agreements (licenses, options, nondisclosure agreements, material transfer agreements).
- Division Administrators and Division Leaders can view all records for the division.
- Organization Leaders can view all Berkeley Lab invention, intellectual property, and agreement records. This group includes Lab leadership (Directorate) and other upper management.